Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cheating

I'm not writing a story right now.

What's that? You want to know why I have post-its and a pen?

Well, if I did have said objects, it wouldn't be because of a writing project. Now leave me alone. I've got a to-do list a mile long. I'm just going to listen to some music while I work.

Okay, yes, you may have seen me write a few notes down on the post-its...but I am not writing. I am listening to music while working.

Yes, I may have stopped working every few minutes to add to the post-its. But, this isn't a writing project. I have no time for a writing project right now. Stop looking at me. I'm busy.

I'm busy doing what, you ask?

I'm busy...not writing.

Alright, I'm writing. But, just a few notes. Sonny came into my head yesterday morning and started throwing his introduction at me. I just needed to jot down his comments.

What's the music for then?

Boy, you sure are full of impertinent questions! Sheesh! Alright, I'm also going through the music for Sonny's story. I'm just organizing the songs a little. Get off my back.

You want to see my notes? What for?

Fine! Take my notes! See my secret!...............I wasn't planning to write. I have no time to write. I know that. But, I couldn't help myself. Writing is like a drug. I need it. Sonny wouldn't let me sleep without working on his musical a little. Have you ever tried to tell your characters to be quiet? It's impossible! Either they get real loud or they shut up completely and take all their ideas with them. I couldn't have that happen.

But, I really was just putting some organization into the project. I wasn't doing any actual story writing.

That file?

Uh...alright, I'm full-blown writing.

Please don't tell any of my other projects. They wouldn't understand.

No comments: